Waldgries has been founded in the 13th century and there were 13 different owners until now. In the year 1930, Heinrich, the grandfather of the current owner, Wally Plattner, bought it all.
We are situated in the heart of Santa Magdalena, the rustic area just north of Bolzano. All the area is blessed by the sun, spread out through grapes field. Once owned by the clergy, the wine has been worked with dedication since 700 years ago.
The Cantina is massive and vintage. The wine is aged underground in a perfect environment for great customers looking for special taste. Here the wine rests with antique paintings and sculptures…
In the recent years, the winery has started to work biologically, yet the bio-certification requires some years of proof.